Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Leek and Blue Cheese Tart (Quiche)


In the book I used, this was called Tart but it is basically Quiche. This was my first time making quiche but I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was and how tasty it was. Well, thanks to the pre-made frozen pie crust!

Well, in the book, they tell you to make your own pie crust but I know that I am not very good at making crust and also I am not good at rolling out the crust. I saw this frozen pie crust the other day and I wanted to give it a try. Result? I don't think I will be making pie crust ever again! It is super easy and tasted really good!

The book I used was this book I borrowed from the library.



Inside this quiche is leek, blue cheese, eggs and lots of heavy cream. It is very rich and taste wonderful and looked beautiful. I am really surprised how well it turned out and how easy it was.

My husband loved it also. This is rich quiche so you can not eat a lot at once but it is great meal with some green salad.

I love blue cheese so I loved this combination but if you don't like blue cheese, I am sure you can substitute blue cheese with some other mild cheese.

This was absolutely great. It taste great hot and cold and in between. I am 100% sure that I will be making this again. Maybe when I have some friends over, I will make this again. 

1 comment:

  1. following website will be helpful in many for cooking foods- http://www.cookfoodrecipes.com/

    ReplyDelete