Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Mousse Tart


When the temperature goes down and started to feel a bit chilly, it is time to bake something. Fall is a great time to bake with lots of great apples and roots vegetable and so on.

This fall, I decided to try something new. I made Pumpkin Tart for the first time. I was never interested in Pumpkin Pie or Tart but I was looking at this book which I borrowed from the library and I just had to try this Pumpkin Mousse Tart.

This is the book I used.


This book had so many great pies and tart recipes and the best part is that each recipe has a picture of the finished products and the picture is great looking. 

Anyway, this Pumpkin Mousse Tart looked amazing in this book. Especially the whipped cream decoration on top. (I love whipped cream) 

I think I was supposed to use smaller tip for whipped cream but I didn't have anything bigger than this so I just used the biggest one I had. 

Well, it looks good, isn't it? Well, it tasted good also. BUT I made a mistake when I made crust so the crust was too hard. First of all, for some reason, I used half of graham cracker instead of required amount so it was very liquidly with butter and it wasn't setting when I baked. Then, I realized that the amount of graham cracker is wrong so I added more graham cracker and baked again. When I cooled in the fridge, it came out like a stone. It was so difficult to cut and eat this crust... Well, it is my fault. 

Next day, it was little bit easier to cut and this was how it looked. 

Well, it was good. But I am not sure if I want to make this again. Maybe I am not a pumpkin pie/tart kind of person after all... 

If you like pumpkin pie or tart, this is a great recipe and it tasted good and looks good. Great for Thanksgiving dessert! 



2 comments:

  1. The pumpkin tart looks beautiful, don't be too hard on yourself, the crust was probably delicious. I bet is tasted delicious. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Catherine!
    Thank you so much for your compliment! It is very nice of you to say that but the crust really was so hard. Well, tasted good :-) Hope you are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete