Saturday, May 29, 2010

Stir Fried Udon Noodle (Yakiudon) recipe and Gobo & Carrots Salad

Udon is thick Japanese noodle made from flour. Normally, people eat this in a broth but sometimes we stir fry them like Yakisoba.

I have been wanting to eat this for a while but keep forgetting about it and finally I made it.

It is very simple but yummy.

Yakiudon (stir fried udon noodle)
Ingredients
Udon noodle   about 270g
Thin sliced pork    about 5 slices (cut into small pieces)
Onion              2 (sliced)
Garlic              2 clove (chopped)
Garlic Chives   a handful (cut into small pieces)
Seasoned soy sauce    2 table spoon
Vegetable Oil             2 table spoon
Red pickled ginger     2 table spoon
Fried wheat flour       optional

1.  Since I used dried udon noodle, I cooked the noodle in hot water. (follow the direction on package)

2. Add some oil in a pan and saute chopped garlic and sliced onion until soft. Then add pork and garlic chives.

3. When udon is cooked, add udon to the pan and mix with the vegetables and pork. Then add seasoned soy sauce. At the end, add chopped red pickled ginger.

4. If you have fried wheat flour handy, sprinkle them on top (optional) and serve.

I also had gobo and carrots salad on the side.

This weekend is memorial day weekend and we are having a big BBQ party at our place today. Some people had yesterday off already and everybody is enjoying the long weekend.

I am making banana pudding for dessert and salmon wrap and cheese roll for appetizers. There are so many things to be done still. I need to get to work now before everyone shows up.

I am so excited about this BBQ. There are some people whom I haven't seen for a while and there are also some new people. We are going to celebrate the summer season!

I hope everybody is having a great weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. I have not tried stir-frying udon before, this looks like a very delicious (and healthy) recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete