Saturday, May 1, 2010

Korean BBQ in Manhattan and Delicious Financier

I had a dinner again in the city with some of my friends. This time, it was Korean BBQ. We went to my favorite Korean BBQ place in midtown called "Don's Bogam".

I have eaten here many times and their meats are so good. I highly recommend this restaurant for Korean BBQ.

We had Galbi, Tongue, Japchae, pajon and Bulgogi but I only have a picture of Bulgogi because we were so excited about seeing each other and so much into talking, I forgot to take photos of those food :-(

Here is their website if you are interested in, I highly recommend this place. They also have good wine selections.
http://donsbogam.com/

It was so much fun to have dinner with friends. It has been a long time since we had a dinner with this member last time. (One of them were visiting NY from Japan!) We talked a lot about our good memories and what is going on with our life now. It was great to see everybody and catch up.

One of the friends brought me a gift of financier. This is from a good pastry shop called "Financier". I love their cakes but I especially like their financier. Each one of them is small but once you start eating these, it is difficult to stop. They are so good!

Here is the link to their website. I didn't know but it seems like they have 6 locations in Manhattan!
http://www.financierpastries.com/

The place where we had dinner is called Korean Town in Manhattan. There are many Korean restaurants and stores right next to each other. On the way back to the train station, I passed by Korean Supermarket so I went in and bought some of the stuff.

One of them was this coconut cookie. This is something I used to eat in Japan. (At least, I believe it is the same one)

Then, this is a famous spicy ramen noodle from Korea. I have heard about this before and I heard it is really spicy. I wanted to give it a try to see how spicy it is. My sister had it and she told me it was super spicy. I will see....

I had a tea time with the financier I got. I'd better enjoy them slowly otherwise it will be gone in seconds!

I wish I could bake financier this good at home!

The weather is great here in NY. It seems like the temp will go up to 78F (26C) today. Wish you a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I love that Korean ramen! Is the best instant noodle I ever had. Quite expensive though but worth it. Make sure you buy the original one 'Made in Korea'! Cause they also have factory in China & Taiwan but their products taste a little different from the Korea.
    Have a good weekend!
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of Korean food...but I love these financier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Kristy,
    I am glad to hear that this ramen is good! I haven't tried it yet but I am excited to try it. I just checked the package of the ramen noodle and it says "Made in U.S.A". Oh well... Hope it taste as good as Korean one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie,
    You don't like Korean food too much? I love it! They use lots of garlic in lots of dishes :-) Anyway, financier is really good. it is buttery and just melt in my mouth! Perfect for tea time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a new one for me... sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried Korean food before, but it looks very interesting. The financier look delicious, too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha
    I love Korean food because I am a Korean^^.
    Korean food is not so popular in comparison with Japanese and Chinese. However, If you start to indulge yourself with Korean foods, you will love them.
    Good post, I enjoyed to read, really

    ReplyDelete