Friday, May 28, 2010

Salmon Dinner & My favorite tea time

I was another healthy dinner at Mausi's place. Salmon with green onion and sesame. These green onions are from my container garden which I reported yesterday. Isn't this awesome that I can just pick up bunch of green onion from my garden and use it for dinner. It is definitely fresh!

We had salmon with rice and broccoli. This broccoli is easy. I just cut into pieces, put in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle salt & pepper, olive oil and some shredded cheese and microwaved for 4~5 mins. That's it! This is a perfect easy side dish for salmon dinner.

Well, today, I would like to talk about something which my husband and I are really enjoying right now. It is out tea time after dinner with our favorite tea. We like drinking tea and especially I drink all different kind of teas (see, I am from Japan, you know)

The teas which we love right now is the ones which we bought in Germany. The company's name is Ronnefeldt and their tea is just amazing!

This is the Earl Grey tea which has a wonderful aroma.

And this is some kind of mix with Darjeeling and something else.
Both of these are loose leaf tea. I love loose leaf tea better because I think it taste better when I pour hot water directly over the tea leaves (without putting them in tea bags). These teas are just so wonderful.

I checked Amazon but I couldn't find these tea there. I am not sure if I can get this tea in the U.S. I should have gotten more when I was in Germany :-)

If you like tea, I think this company's tea is worth trying. Especially "Tippy Golden Darjeeling Earl Grey" is just amazing. The aroma relaxes you whole body and mind and it makes me very happy. My husband told me that he was thinking about and looking forward having tea already during the dinner! It is that good.

Another tea which we are drinking quite often lately is Rooibos tea. This tea is popular in South Africa. We were drinking this tea even before our friend came to visit from South Africa but when they came, they brought this big package of Rooibos tea! So now we can drink it more! Sometimes in the U.S. it is a  little bit difficult to find Rooibos tea in a regular super market. Sometimes they have it , sometimes they don't so it is great to have this big package at home.

I normally add sugar to my black tea but never to any kind of Japanese or Chinese tea. I also found that I don't need to add sugar for Rooibos tea. It is similar to some type of Japanese tea and I like drinking this tea with meal and so on. Also, I heard somewhere that Rooibos tea is good to make you young! I really want to believe this :-)

If you have a chance, please try Ronnefeldt's Tippy Golden Darjeeling Earl Grey. This might be the best tea I ever had.

So enjoy your after dinner tea time while you relax, talk, read or watch TV. In my house, this is one of the great joy of the day and we look forward to this tea time every day.

1 comment: