Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ground Beef Curry with Raisins















Last night, I made "ground Beef Curry with raisins". I had this kind of curry when I was little back in Japan. I remember that they had raisins in it. I know that there is Keema curry in india but I think they normally make it with ground Lamb. I made this with ground beef so I call it ground beef curry with raisins. 

Again, I made it really spicy. I did not mean to. But I just start adding curry power, chili powder, cumin, garam masala, turmeric and so on. When I realized, it was already really spicy. 
BUT the raisin helped a lot to ease the hotness of the dish. I think it was a great balance between spicy and sweet. I normally don't like fruits in salty food but this was a success. 


Plus, I put tons of vegetables in it but it all invisible at the end. I put carrots, onions, garlic, ginger, leeks, etc. I believe this is a great dish to sneak some vegetables if your kids don't like certain vegetables. 

It was really nice out last night so we ate this outside. I don't know why but eating food outside makes it taste better, don't you think? I love eating outside. I love summer. 



For the rice, I wanted to make lemon rice which my indian friend taught me long time ago. I kind of remember how to make it so I decided to make it without looking at her recipe. I added mastered seeds, cumin seeds, lemon and turmeric to the rice and sautéed in a pan. I accidentally add too much turmeric so the color is scary. It was supposed to be light lemon color. Oh well. 

After dinner, around our mouth and tongue were all yellow. It is amazing how colorful those natural spices are!!! 


I participate blog ranking. If you like my blog, please click the link below. Thank you!
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Love your postings.
    My other blog is a class project, but I'll be starting it back up in the Fall. Maintaining two blogs will be hard, but I only plan on keeping up my health and fitness blog daily, so maybe not.

    I'd love to do a post on super healthy but tasty foods. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it was a class project! That is a cool project!. I understand maintaing two blogs are lots of work. Your other blog was really funny. I liked it.

    As far as healthy and tasty food, um...., it is difficult. Because often times, really tasty food is not really healthy... But it is definitely possible! I would say something using fish or tofu? I love fish and it is good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was watching a cooking show yesterday and saw this fish recipe which looked really simple and healthy. It is a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis. You can get her recipe at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/roasted-cod-with-lima-beans-recipe/index.html

    Doesn't it look healthy and pretty?

    ReplyDelete