Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Little container garden





Hello! I had to go to the city last night so I made "rice balls" and ate in the train. Therefore, no picture of dish for today. But I would like to share some pictures from my vegetable garden. (Well, not really a garden because they are all in containers and we don't have real garden at our house. Nevertheless, those are what I call "my little container garden" )

The first picture is lavender. I love the smell and I take the flower out and put them in a little cotton bag. If I remember correctly, lavender is effective to make you sleepy. So if you are having trouble falling a sleep, maybe you can put a bag of lavender right next to your bed or under your pillow or even inside your pillow. As for me, I normally do not have any problem sleeping so lavender is just for relaxing my mind. 


The next picture is cilantro. I love cilantro and used them for my cooking quite often. However, in my opinion, cilantro is not so easy to grow. But it is looking good this year. Actually, some of the seeds which fell last year to the pot started to grow this year. It is amazing how strong those seeds are. Because I left it outside during the cold winter!


The next one is tomatoes. Tomatoes are very easy to grow and yummy! 
This year, I bought "heirloom tomatoes". I am looking forward to see what kind of tomatoes are coming out this year!!

The next one is green chilies. I like spicy food and I used to live with an indian lady who cooked awesome indian food for me all the time. So I also cook indian food sometimes at home and this is when I need green chilies. I don't want to make it too spicy so I take seeds and ribs out before I cook with them. 

The indian lady I used to live with made food really really spicy. For her, if it is not spicy enough, it is not good. I love her food but sometimes, my nose start running and tears coming down while I eat. When she sees me like that, she used to say "Oh, I can see it is good!". We had great time living together. 


Basil is one of my favorite herbs. The smell of fresh basil just makes me feel so happy and alive. My favorite dish with basil is "Tomato and Mozzarella Salad". It is so simple yet perfect for hot summer day. 



The last picture I wanted to share with you is my favorite chocolate. I had been looking for this chocolate for a while and I finally found it yesterday! They have so many different kind under this brand but in my opinion, this cornflakes one is the best. If you find them, please try them. Which one is your favorite flavor? 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Rocio for the nice smily face! And Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete