Monday, June 29, 2009

Bacon and Egg Pasta (Schinken Noodle)



 
I had so much sun during the day yesterday so I was a bit tired at night. My husband offered to cook for us and this is what he made. This is a pasta dish we make quite often because it is very simply, easy to make, you need only a few ingredients and it always taste good. 

I learned this dish from my husband. It is just with bacon and egg. I heard that they call this "Schinken Noodle" in Germany. Anyhow, when you don't have time or don't have energy to cook complicated meal, I recommend to try this one. 

Here is the recipe. (My husband's recipe)

For 2 people

Rotini Pasta   about 250g
Bacon             5 slices (cut into pieces)
Egg                 2
Salt                little bit
Black pepper   little bit

1. First, boil pasta until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, fry bacon in a frying pan until crispy. 
3. Add boiled pasta to the frying pan. 
4. Crack eggs in a small bowl and mix them well. 
5. Add eggs into the frying pan. 
6. Add salt and pepper 
7. Enjoy!



This is it. Isn't it so easy? I think Kids also will love this dish. I recommend adding some salad on the side since this dish does not have any vegetables. Please try it and let me know how it was. This is a perfect dish for a busy week night or when you don't have much energy to cook.

Also, if you want to make it richer, add some butter for more flavor. 



I participate for blog ranking site, if you like Schinken Noodle, please click the banner below for blog ranking. Thanks!
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings

4 comments:

  1. It's italian and we call it " pasta alla carbonara"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sissa! Thank you very much for your comment! and thank you for becoming a follower of my blog! I might go to Italy this summer and I can not wait to try the real "pasta alla carbonara" there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really good! i love it! But the Pasta alla Carbonara is better with Speghetti!!
    Sorry for my english i'm not so good =) However what are you going to visit in Italy????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sissa. Thanks!
    Pasta alla carbonara is a creamy pasta dish, right? I love it with Spaghetti!
    This one which my husband always make is more like bacon and scrambled egg pasta. Not really creamy. That's why I call it Bacon and Egg Noodle (Schinken noodle). But I love creamy Pasta alla Carbonara also!

    I am so excited to try it in Italy. We are planning to go to northern italy such as Venice, Verona etc. Is it possible to have Pasta alla Carbonara in Northern Italy? I really hope so!

    ReplyDelete