Sunday, June 28, 2009

Shrimp and Okra Gumbo






For yesterday's lunch, I made sandwiches from the bread I baked in the morning. I love this small size sandwiches. This bread will be good for burger also. Next time when I have people over for BBQ, I would love to try baking this bread again and impress them with homemade bread!

Anyway, for dinner, I made Shrimp and Okra Gumbo. I like Southern food and Gumbo is one of my favorite. I make Gumbo at home sometimes. Often times, I make lots of them and freeze it so when I don't have time to cook, I can just heat it up and eat. 



I used Shrimp and Okra for this Gumbo. Sometimes, I use other than Shrimp but I always have Okra in my Gumbo. I love Okra. 
I think I put too much tomato this time. And I used canned tomato. Maybe I will use fresh tomato instead next time. 

I would love to visit South sometime and enjoy all the great food they have. I am sure there are loads of Southern food which I don't know yet. What is your favorite Southern dish? 


4 comments:

  1. ARANCINI of rice.. i can send you the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked on-line for ARANCINI of rice. And now I know what it is! I had this in an italian restaurant in Japan. They called it "Rice Croquette " at that restaurant. (I think they made up the name).
    It was really really good and I loved it. The one I had had cheese inside.

    It is very nice of you to offer me the recipe, I would love to get your ARANCINI recipe, that will be great! Thank you for sharing your favorite southern (italian) dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok i asked to my grandmother the recipe and i'll send you!
    i hope you'd like them =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sissa! Please thank your grandmother also! Grazie!

    ReplyDelete