Monday, January 9, 2012

Lamb and Pistachio Kofte with Tahini and Pistachio Sauce

I made something new from a book I borrowed from the library. This is the book I borrowed.



From this book, I made "Lamb and Pistachio Kofte with Tahini sand Pistachio Sauce". 

It is something like lamb meatballs but it has dried red currants and pistachio and different kinds of spices in it. The sauce is Tahini sauce with some crushed pistachios. 

It took quite some time to make this dish but it came out pretty good and I was pleased. I also added some Sumac on top of it. I love this spice sumac but I don't get to use it too often and I thought this will be a perfect occasion to use. And I was right. This was perfect combination! 

Normally, I don't like lamb meat too much but for some reason, I like it when it is ground lamb. 

It is fun to cook something I had never made before!! 2012 will be cooking more of the things I  had never made before!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment