Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

How was your Valentine's Day on Monday? Were you able to have a lovely day?
In Japan, Valentine's day is normally giving chocolate from female to male. Then, we have what we call "White Day" which is on March 14 and the men who received chocolate will give a gift back to the female. I am not sure if this is still the case but it was when I was in Japan.

When you are very young, Valentine's day is one of the opportunity to tell a guy you like that you like him so many girls spend lots of time baking or making some kind of chocolate sweets and try to express their love. It is so cute.

Well, here in the U.S., Valentine's day is more mutual thing (or maybe even more from male to female). Many people get flowers, chocolate, cards and go to a nice restaurants to celebrate their love with special someone.

Our Valentine's day was very simple but lots of love and wonderful feelings. First of all, my husband bought me a rose and set it up on a table with a message on a table the night before Valentine's day so I will find it in the morning of Valentine's day. I couldn't sleep well that night so I ended up finding it at 3:00am. It made me feel so happy and loved.

For Valentine's day dinner, I made something completely unromantic. It was Yakisoba (Japanese fried noodle). I wanted to make something more romantic but I had to use some of the vegetables in the fridge and Yakisoba was the perfect choice for using all the vegetables in my fridge.

Anyway, to make up for this unromantic dinner choice, I made a cute valentine dessert. I bought some strawberry and made chocolate covered strawberry.

This is super easy yet looks cute and kind of romantic.

My husband loved this and he ate like 8 of them!!  I didn't think that he would love them this much so I was pretty happy with the result.

I just wash and dry strawberry. Melt some semi-dark chocolate chip in double boiler and dipped the strawberry in and put them in the fridge until it hardens. I would highly recommend making this at home. It looks great and taste great and easy and simple. Since it is very simple, you need to use good quality chocolate.

By the way, one thing I always admire about my husband is that he buy flowers all the time for me. He buy them even when it is not a special occasion. I think it is nice to get flowers just because. It shows that he cares and thinks about me even when it is not anniversary or special day.

We have been married for 4 years and half now but this habit hasn't changed and I hope it won't change. He is very kind and  loving person and my love for him is growing bigger and bigger every day. I am so lucky. Even though I love him and appreciate him every day, I think days like valentine's day is great to remind our self about loves we have around us.

We always try to remember to appreciate each other and not take each other for granted. Also, we generally want to make each other happy all the time and I feel like those are the keys for a good relationship. Well, I am just so excited to spend rest of my like with him. I feel like no matter what happens, we can get through them together.

Anyway, so if you didn't tell your loved one anything on Valentine's day, it is not too late. Don't take your loved ones for granted and tell them how much you appreciate and love them everyday :-)

Meanwhile, chocolate covered strawberry with your words makes them even more happier :-)

1 comment:

  1. first time here.. the chocolate dipped strawberries look super cute.. I love the wide variety of recipes in your blog.. love to follow u!

    http://rasoithekitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete