Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mushroom Bread Pudding

I went to a restaurant called "The standard grill" at The Standard Hotel in Manhattan on New Years Day with my husband and our friends. My husband had this dish called "Mushroom Bread Pudding" and he absolutely loved this dish. (Please click here for that post)

I tried it also and I was pleasantly surprised. I wanted to make this at home and I was able to get a few different kind of fresh mushroom last week so I decided to make it.

Since I had no idea how to make this. I serached for some recipes on the internet. I found many different recipes but I used this one which seemed quite simple and easy. Click here for the recipe from Los Angeles Times. 

I was not sure how it will come out but it came out pretty good. I was very satisfied with the result and I think it tasted quite similar to the one which we had at the standard grill.

First, I cut mushrooms and baked in the oven. At this point, the smell of mushroom filled the room and I wanted to just eat the mushroom but was able to I hold back.

Then, mix french bread (cut into small pieces), cheese, thyme and mushroom into a bowl.

Prepare the mixture of eggs and heavy cream.

Then, mix the liquid with bread mixture.

Transfer to oven dish and top with some butter.

Put in the oven and bake. This is how it should look like after baking.


Sprinkle chives and serve.

I think it was pretty close to the one I had at the restaurant. I tasted really rich and great. In the recipe, it require truffle butter but I didn't have truffle butter so I used just regular butter.

If you like mushroom like me, I think you would love this dish. Please give it a try sometimes!

3 comments:

  1. Mushroom Pudding looks excellent and inviting. Great recipe.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool ^^ I never thought of adding mushrooms to bread pudding. Have to try that very soon since bread pudding is one of my favorite dishes ;)

    ReplyDelete