Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shrimp and Spinach Soba Noodle and items from Trader Joe's

The other day, I made shrimp and spinach rice gratin but this time I made soba noodle using shrimp and spinach. I also used "vegetable bird nest"(vegetable tempura) which I bought from Trader Joe's.

I love Trader Joe's because they have so many useful and interesting food. This "Vegetable bird nest" is one of my favorite thing from Trader Joe's. Frying something at home is sometimes a pain. But when you make Soba or Udon, I want to add little bit of tempura in it and if I have this frozen vegetable bird nest, I don't have to fry anything and I always have great tasting soba with tempura in it.

This is the soba I made the other day. Well, it might not look too appetizing but it taste really good!


Well, since I talked about Trader Joe's, I would like to introduce some of my favorite Trade Joe's items which I haven't mentioned before. (I have already mentioned their Frozen Croissant. This is awesome. Please try)

First of all, every time we go to Trader Joe's, we buy this Edamame. It is soy beans and you just need to boil it for 5 mins and sprinkle with some salt. This is a great snack or appetizer. It is healthy and tasty.

Also, this is a Japanese favorite. Frozen baked rice balls (Yakionigiri). This taste exactly like the ones I used to eat in Japan. This is also great for snack or lunch.

Then, this is something we found quite recently. We call this "Flammkuchen" in our house since this taste exactly like the "flammkuchen"which we had in Germany. Trader Joe's call it differently but for us this is flammkuchen. It is creamy and crispy and great.

Also, this pork shumai was pretty good. This is also good for appetizer when you have some people over .

It seems like they have new items ever time I go there so I am always excited about visiting Trader Joe's. If I found something good again, I would like to report here again. One of the great things about Trader Joe's is that you can buy international food such as edamame or yakionigi with relatively affordable price. They have all different kind of food from all over the world so if you like food, you would love Trader Joe's, I think. If you have not been to Trader Joe's and found one near you live, please visit them once, it is a lot of fun!

1 comment: