Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shrimp and Asparagus Salad

I ate a lot while our friends were here so I decided to make something light. It is a Shrimp and Asparagus Salad. Well, since this was a dinner and I didn't want to be too starving when I go sleep, I volumed up with lots of shrimp and vegetables. 

First, I just cut asparagus into smaller peaces and sauteed in a pan. Then I took them out and in a same pan, add some butter and chopped garlic and sauteed shrimp. When shrimp is almost done, I add the asparagus back to the pan and add some sweet chili sauce for flavor. (I also add some salt and pepper) 

I used this sweet chili sauce.   














For the salad part, I used romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, radish, corn and avocado. I made maple syrup dressing (Click here for the recipe) and tossed the salad with it. 

Then, added cooked shrimp and asparagus on top and done! 

Since the portion is pretty big, even though it was just this salad for dinner, it was very satisfying and I didn't get hungry late at night. 

I think lots of people ate a lot during the holiday season so I think this will be a perfect dinner to balance your body. It is yummy and satisfying yet pretty healthy. Hope you enjoy it. 



3 comments: