Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Omelet Rice

This is another popular dish in Japan. It has fried rice with some vegetable which is flavored with ketchup and covered with omelet. I wanted to use the frozen mixed vegetables which I had in my freezer so I made this with lots of vegetables in it.

First, I sauteed some sausage and onion in a pan.
Then, added frozen mixed vegetables. I also added some asparagus which I had in my fridge.

Then, add cooked rice and saute. 
Add some ketchup. If you would like you can also add salt and peppers.

Shape the rice on a plate.
Then, cover it with eggs which I made separately. (I just cooked the eggs very thinly on a frying pan.)

Tuck the side in and decorate with Ketchup. I tried to make a heart shape with Ketchup but I couldn't. Oh well. 


This is easy and good. Even though I don't like green peas, I was able to eat them in these. But I think it would have been better without green peas.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mausi

    Your omelette rice looks so tasty and colorful. Loved the preparation.
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard lot about this rice, very tempting..

    ReplyDelete