Saturday, September 11, 2010

Japanese Karaoke Box in Manhattan & Indian Dinner

After we had Chinese dumpling in Flushing, we head to Manhattan to meet up with some of friends. Since we couldn't do Karaoke on Sat night, we decided to go again. (This time I made a reservation.)

In American, typical Karaoke is at a bar singing in front of all the strangers but in Japan, we have Karaoke box. It is a small room with sofa and karaoke machine. You can rent these rooms by hour per person. This time we went with 6 people and I was the only Japanese so this was first time Karaoke box experience for everybody else.

In the beginning, we were not sure what we wanted to sing but when my husband started to sing, I think we felt more comfortable and start adding songs and singing. I sang some Japanese songs and I also tried English songs but English songs are difficult for me. I need to practice more English songs.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun at Karaoke and promised to go again. Next time, we should make a list of songs which we want to sing before we go.

After Karaoke, we went to have Indian food at a restaurant in Midtown called "Bay Leaf".

We ordered bunch of different dishes and shared.

These are some appetizers which I don't remember names. (One of them is samosa, that is all I know)

This is my favorite okura dish. I just love them!

Chicken Tikka Masala.

The front is spinach and cheese and in the back you can see lamb dish.

Puffy bread.

We also order some rice and Naan.

All the food was good and the service was excellent. The only thing was that all of the items were not spicy at all. I was expecting something little bit more spicy. Maybe they thought we can not handle spiciness. Next time, we definitely have to tell them to make it spicy.

Anyway, I had a wonderful day and it was perfect! On the way home, we took some photos of Manhattan night. It is amazing that we live in NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment