Thursday, September 30, 2010

My mother-in-law's delicious german potato salad


Potato salad in Germany is little bit different from the ones in Japan or in the U.S. It is lighter and tangier and I love it so much. My mother-in-law makes best potato salad in the whole world! A few years ago, I learned how she make it and wrote it down. I didn't write down the exact measurement so every time it comes out differently and I had never been able to make it as good as my mother-in-law's.

However, this time I think my potato salad has gotten pretty close to it! I am so happy. Of course, I need more practice on this but I think I am getting a hang of it.

First, I boiled potatoes and peeled it then cut into slices. (I used small red potatoes)

Then, I made dressing with white balsamic vinegar, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and vegetable broth.

Then, I chopped cucumber, chives and onions.

Add them in the dressing. I also added some crushed garlic.

Then, you add potatoes, mix well and chill in the fridge. Serve.

I really love this potato salad. You can have this as a side dish or you can eat with some bread. It is tangy and delicious! I hope I will be able to make this potato salad as good as my mother-in-law someday! 

If you ever go to Germany, please try their potato salad. I think you would love it!



4 comments:

  1. wow this poato salad looks really cool ...morning only i saw one event on greman cuisine means we have to make food of this cuisine ..thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mausi San

    Potato Salad looks so well made & inviting.Would love to have it with sausages & garlic bread .

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and rich looking potato salad..

    ReplyDelete