Thursday, September 2, 2010

Honey Butter Toast


This is something I saw in Japan and I wanted to try it out. Normally, here in the U.S., most of the sandwich bread is already sliced so I couldn't make this but the other day I bought this unsliced loaf bread at a Japanese grocery store so I bought it and decided to give this toast a try.


First, I cut the bottom part of loaf bread for about 4 inches thick. Then, make incisions at the edge between crust and inside, also made a cross incisions inside. Add butter and honey.

Set the broiler to "high" and put the toast under the broiler for about 5 min or until it is golden brown.
If you would like, you can add more butter and honey at this point.

I shared with my husband. I ate half and my husband ate the other half.

It is all done!

Of course, I don't throw away the crust. I cut them into stripes and bake it in the oven with some butter & sugar or make some crouton for salad.

My husband loves this toast. He said he had never seen anything like this. This has been quite popular in Japan for a few years already and you can find them in many coffee shop and stuff. I think whoever come up with this toast is a great inventor!

2 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous Mausi! I would love to try this sometime...it is very unique and tastey looking!
    Hugs & Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too don't throw away the crust and use it for making pakodas and crouton . Thanks for sharing this unique dish
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete