Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weekend BBQ with friends

On the weekend, our friend couple came to visit to our place to have BBQ with us. It was raining on and off but it was cool and felt nice.

We BBQ the steak which they brought. Just simple salt and pepper.

Then, this is something I wanted to do for a while. Grilling eggplant and zucchini. I love the grill mark on eggplants.

They also brought Feta cheese. We sprinkled some herbs with olive oil and wrap with aluminum foil then put on the grill. I never had Feta cheese this way but it was really good!

This is the steak and the one in aluminum foil is some asparagus.

Eggplants and zucchini also were grilled perfectly. I add some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil and salt and pepper. This dish was so good. I love it. Even my husband (who is not too fond of eggplant) loved them.

Also some salad.

Our friends brought home made cheese cake. This was really really good. I hadn't had sweets for a while so this cheese cake was extra special. I think when you don't eat sweets for a while and you eat them, you enjoy them more. (does it make sense??) Anyhow, isn't it also pretty with some raspberry and black berry?

We had a lot of fun and spend great time together. This couple has been really nice to us and we did many things together. They are moving to Canada soon so this was kind of a farewell BBQ before they leave. I am so sad that they are leaving because I thought we became such a good friends and I liked hanging out with them. But, I really wish great things for them in Canada and maybe I will come visit them sometimes. (Definitely in summer, not in winter :-)

1 comment: