Monday, August 23, 2010

Cold Noodle with Sesame Sauce (Hiyashi Chuuka)

This is a popular summer dish in Japan. Its a cold ramen noodle dish with some vegetables on top. I used tomato, cucumber, eggs and shrimp this time. I used packaged cold ramen noodle so it came with the sauce. This one was sesame sauce which I love.

This is great in summer. It also look pretty with colorful vegetables.

I didn't like this dish too much when I was in Japan but now I like it.  I think your taste buds changes as you get older.


My husband also loved this dish since he loves sesame. I am glad that I was able to make this dish before the summer ends.

This weekend, I watched three Harry Potter movie on TV with my husband. We have watched only first one before so it was nice to watch 3, 4 and 5 together :-) I was surprised that it was quite dark and scary but also fun with lots of imagination.

I was probably influenced by the Harry Potter movie but I dreamed something funny. It was about incense memory stick. Someone made a copy of some video on incense memory stick and gave it to me. I stick it in the middle of keyboard and light it up and it start playing the video but at the end, the incense was all burned and couldn't play it anymore. So this was just one time use memory stick. ahaha.

It is quite funny what your dreams come up with, isn't it?

1 comment: