Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Refreshing! Lemon Pound Cake

It has been a while since I baked something since it was extremely hot this summer in NY. Last week, there are some days which were pretty cool so I decided to make a pound cake.

Normally, I use my mom's pound cake recipe but this time I wanted to make lemon pound cake so I searched the Internet and found a recipe which I would like to try.

This is how it came out from the oven.

This is after pouring lemon graze over.

It has lemon juice and lemon zest in the cake and covered with lemon graze. Its a lemony goodness!

I really loved this lemon pound cake. It was moist and refreshing and prefect cake for summer.
My husband loves lemon pound cake and he was so excited when he saw this cake. He start eating one slice and then another, then another..... I had to stop him :-)

I think my pound cake pan was a bit too big so it came out as very flat cake. I would double the ingredients next time I make it. Yes, I will definitely making this again!

I thought the summer is almost gone but seems like it came back again. Today, the highs supposed to be 33C (91.4F) and it will be hotter tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. OH!!! lemon!!! my hubby LOVES!!! lemon and I like making thing made with lemon for him. So this is a must try.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love citrus flavours in cakes! And, this looks truly tempting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have to try this! It looks and sounds delicious. It's in the 90's here so I'll be waiting until it cools down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous looking pound cake, love citrus flavour in bakes..

    ReplyDelete