Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend trip to see fall foliage

Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

Fall is here. Especially in northern part of east coast, trees are turning its color. My husband and I went to see fall foliage this weekend. We drove to New Hampshire. We were so excited because we always wanted to take a trip to New Hampshire but we never had.

On the way to New Hampshire, we stop at Harvard University and Salem. Salem is a town famous for witches. Since it was a Halloween season, there were so many tourist at this small town of Salem.

We stopped at Salem to have lunch. We went to a seafood restaurant over looking bay. I had clam chowder and crab cake. My husband had Shrimp Scampi.



It was OK. Nothing spectacular. I might have expected too much. Oh well.

After lunch, we walked around the town of Salem. There were some kind of festival going on and so many vendors on the street. Salem is a cute little town with lots of charms. We saw many store which related to witches.

I found Kettle Corn vender on the street and decided to buy it for later. I love Kettel Corn. I normally like salty popcorn but sometimes I like eating Kettle Corn. It was fresh and really good! I wonder if you can make Kettle corn at home.



After Salem, we entered New Hampshire and went to a town called "Portsmouth". This was also very cute town with lots of stores and restaurants. I think I should have had lunch here at Portsmouth since it looked like there are so many good restaurants around.

Next day, we drove to the White Mountain to see fall foliage. It was quite cold already but the colors were gorgeous. I is amazing how many trees out there. We went through Vermont on the way back and only thing we see in Vermont was trees. It was beautiful.







We really enjoyed this trip. I feel like my body and mind was cleansed by those beautiful scenery and fresh air. We laughed a lot on this trip about lots of silly things. Laughing is a great medicine for your body and mind :-) I am glad that we took this short trip.

When we came back from the trip, our neighbor across from us gave some pasta with homemade tomato sauce and garlic bread. We had it for dinner. They were really good. This neighbor has been really nice to us and I can talk to them when I need someone to talk to. They are very compassionate and caring and always fun to be with. I am very fortunate to have such a nice neighbors around.


By the way, I started to read this book called "Memoirs of Geisha". I am sure that everyone knows about this book since it was very popular a few years ago and it even made into a move. I have not read it yet so I decided to read. So far so good. I am just amazed how an American guy can write about Old Japan and its culture so well. I think the author did an tremendous research before he write this book. I am excited to read on this book.

If you are interested, you can purchase it from Amazon.

I am just wondering what I can make today. I have some sweet potatoes at home. Maybe I should make some Sweet Potato Pie :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment