Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Korma Curry and Sweet Potate Pie

Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

When I go to Indian grocery store in the city, I buy some of the spice mix. These spice mixes are so easy to make and taste pretty good. Last night, I tried this Korma Curry mix.

I have used this brand before and I really like it so I decided to try Korma curry from this brand also. Well, I did not like their Korma curry too much. It was good but not great. I liked their Chicken Makhani spice mix much better.




I also made sweet potato pie for dessert since I had two sweet potatoes which I had to use. This sweet potato pie is something my mom used to make all the time when I was little. I love this pie. I did not make the pie crust. I just used the store-bought frozen puff pastry.

For Sweet potato filling, here is the recipe.

Ingredients
Japanese Sweet Potato 2
Sugar 1/2 cup
Butter 3 table spoon
heavy cream 1 table spoon

1. Cover each sweet potato with aluminium foil and bake in the 480F oven for 1 hour and half.

2. Cut the sweet potato into half and scrape inside with spoon.

3. Smash the sweet potato until smooth. Add sugar.

4. Heat up butter in a microwave. Add butter and heavy cream into the sweet potato and mix well.

Then you just need to fill this into the puff pastry and brush it with egg york and put in a 400F oven for 20mins.



It was really good and my husband loved it also. I am glad that my husband also liked my mom's sweet potato pie.


3 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious...so this is half Indian and half Japanese food?...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I did not know how to categorize this post. Indian food for dinner and Japanese sweet for dessert. Maybe I should have separate the post but I was too lazy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy! I love sweet potato. Thanks for sharing your mom's recipe.

    ReplyDelete