Monday, August 31, 2009

Mushroom Pasta

Welcome to 7th Kitchen
Last night, I made mushroom pasta. This is something I make quite often since I love mushroom. It is simple and easy to make but always taste good. Here is how to make it.

Slice onion and cut mushrooms into bit size pieces. (I used shiitake, button mushroom and maitake this time but you can use any kind of mushroom)

Chop garlic.

Boil hot water and make spaghetti.

In a frying pan, add olive oil and saute onion until soft.

When onion is cooked, push onion to the side of the frying pan and add more olive oil and butter at the available space in the pan.

Add garlic, saute for about 30sec and add mushroom. Saute with high heat. Mix mushroom with onion and saute together. (you can add little bit of white wine if you like)

Add salt, pepper and red chili flakes.

Add pasta to the pan and mix well with mushrooms. Pour little bit of pasta water into the pan.

When everything is mixed well, add some butter for the finish.

Garnish with shiso or basil. Enjoy.

It is easy. If you like mushroom, I think you would like this pasta.

My husband does not like mushroom too much but he said he like this pasta. (Well, he really liked shiso part so maybe he meant that he like this pasta with shiso minus mushroom..) But he was eating some of the mushrooms so I think I liked it.

By the way, my mother told me the other day that if you have root of green onion, you can just stick in the soil and new green onion will come out. I used some green onion the other day so I kept the roots and plant them in the container outside our house. A few days later, new green onions are coming out from the middle and growing really fast!

I was so happy to see this. This is amazing. Maybe I don't have to purchase green onion anymore. I can just grow them a home! If you have green onion root, please try it. It grows really quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment