Friday, August 7, 2009

Munich

I was in the northern part of Germany when I had my last post but now I am in Munich. Munich is my husband's hometown so I have been here a few times already but summer in Munich is very, very beautiful. And we had a beautiful weather yesterday.








We went to downtown area and walked around, then went up to the tower to see the whole city and to a park and to Munich University. Munich has lots of green and parks are well maintained. I loved people just having picnic or having coffee and ice cream at cafe.

We passed by an area in a park where people are just lying around naked. I was so suprised to see this because we don't see this in the U.S. or in Japan.

One of my favorite places is Viktualienmarkt which is a big Farmer's Market in downtown Munich. They have fresh vegetables and it looks so pretty. I like just walking around and looking at them.



At night, we went to Beergarden to see some of our friends. Beergarden is very popular in Munich. It was full of people and everybody was enjoying their beer under the tree. I think people in Munich really appreciate nature.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera to beer garden but I am sure that we will be going to beer garden again during this trip so I will take pictures and upload them when I am back in NY.

I will be going to Italy from Sunday and my sister is flying in from Japan tomorrow and we are all going to Italy. This will be first time for my sister coming to Europe and I am happy that she decided to come. We will be eating a lot and taking a lot of pictures in Italy. I will not be able to update my blog until I am back to NY but I am excited to report all about Italian food when I am back. Please come visit my blog again in a week and half or so. It will be filled with beautiful food pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment