Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chicken with Japanese leek sauce and tomato shiso salad


Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

Yesterday, I made Chicken with Japanese leek sauce and tomato shiso salad. I had left over chicken from the other day when I made "Chikuzenni" and I had this Japanese leeks which I bought from the Japanese supermarket last weekend. So I decided to make this dish which I found from a cook book written by Harumi Kurihara who is a japanese famous cook book author. She even have a book published here also.

First, I made Japanese leek sauce with soy-sauce, vinegar, sake, sugar and Japanese leeks.

Then, I fried Chicken and pour this sauce over it. It is quite lots of work but this dish was really good. The chicken is crispy and the sauce is very tasty.





Since this dish is quite intense flavor, I made refreshing salad on the side. I used tomato and shiso from our garden and made a quick salad with white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Keep it in the fridge and when you are ready to eat, take it out from the fridge. I like it cold.




We ate so much so we decided to take a walk. We live close to the beach so we went to the beach for a walk. There were so many people walking at the boardwalk. I think it was also because they had a small concert on the beach that day. Everyday was enjoying nice summer night. It was perfect temperature and nice to see everybody enjoying the night. Old people, little kinds, young couple, etc.

Even though we went for a walk to walk off the stuff we ate, on the way back home, I felt like eating Popsicle because I was thinking about Italy and gelato. Since we don't have gelateria here, I decided to buy Popsicle and eat it outside. It was cherry, orange and lemon flavor.

I was biting into my Popsicle and my husband told me that he doesn't like the sound of biting Popsicle. He said it gives him a goosebumps. He was begging me to stop but I wanted to bite it so I tried to make less noise but it was impossible to make no noise. We joked around and laughed so much. He always makes me laugh.

It was a great night. We should do this more often, (maybe minus the Popsicle :-)

By the way, if you are interested in Harumi Kurihara. Here are a book which she published here. The book I used is Japanese book and this is not the book I used for this chicken so I don't know if this book have a recipe for this chicken and I don't know what kind of recipe this books have but I like her other stuff also so I am sure that you will find something you like from her book.



No comments:

Post a Comment