Friday, June 26, 2009

Delicious Cuban Food


Hello! I went to have dinner with my friend last night. 
Since I was watching a movie about "Che Guevara the night before, I felt like eating Cuban food. So we went to this Cuban restaurant called "Havana NY". 

This was my first time going to this restaurant but I like it very much. The food was good and not too expensive and the service was also good. 

First we had Fried Yuca fingers for appetizer. This came with pretty strong garlic oil. Garlic oil might have been a bit too strong but the fried Yuca was really good! 



Then, I had grilled skirt stake for the main course. (This was one of the recommendation from the waiter). Look at this huge portion! It comes with rice and beans but I don't like beans too much so I substitute beans for salad.  This was also pretty good. I love the Chimichurri sauce which came with this stake. I need to learn how to make this Chimichurri sauce. 



For dessert, we shared "Coconut Flan" but I forgot to take picture... 

Over all, it was really good and I had a great time with my friend, talking for hours. My friends make me laugh and makes me feel happy. I am very fortunate to have friends who are awesome. 

Also, I love eating out. It gives me many inspirations for my cooking. I love trying different kind of food from different countries. Normally, when I travel somewhere, first thing I think about is what is good to eat there. It sounds like all I think about it food but that's what makes me happy. To think about food and what I can cook next!






2 comments:

  1. This sauce is really good i love it! the recipe is really simple!
    You can mince the ingredients by hand or use a food processor, which is faster and easier. There are many variations on this condiment, and it is served with everything from empanadas to grilled steak.

    1/2 cup OLIVE oil (really important, better if it's extra virgin olive oil)
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
    1 clove garlic
    2 minced shallots
    1 teaspoon minced basil, thyme or oregano, or mixture (better basil)
    Salt and pepper to taste


    Combine all ingredients and let set for at least 2 hours before serving.

    My mum always makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you Sissa. I would definitely try this next time when I make grilled steak! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete