Friday, October 22, 2010

Rich & Creamy! Banoffee Mess

This is another recipe from Food Network. I was watching "5 Ingredinets Fix" with Claire Robinson and she was making this incredible looking banana cream toffee tart. It had everything I liked so I had to try it. Click here for her "Banoffee Mess" recipe from Food Network website. 

For Graham cracker base, I used the one I bought from Trader Joe's. This graham cracker has cinammon taste and it is rich and quite sweet by itself.

Crumble them with food processor. and mix with melted butter to make the crust.

Then bake in the oven for a little bit.

And the most interesting part of this dish was making toffee from condensed milk. You just boil a can of condensed milk in a hot water for about three hours and condensed milk turns into toffee like this.

After chilling the crust in the fridge, add sliced bananas on top of it like this.

Then spread the toffee and add more bananas and cover with whipped cream.

This is so rich and yummy and made with everything I like so it is difficult to control myself but it is quite sweet so I tried not to eat too much.


Making toffee part takes time but other than that, everything was easy and quick. I loved this! .

1 comment:

  1. Wowwww am just drooling rite now here, feel like grabbing some..

    ReplyDelete