Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rachel Ray's Stuffed Cabbage Stoup


It is definitely getting cold here in NY. When it is cold outside, you crave for something warm and comfy at home such as soup. Lately, I was thinking about stuffed cabbage but I was just too lazy about the thought of stuffing the cabbage for some reason so when I saw this easy stuffed cabbage stoup, I had to try it.

This recipe is from Rachel Ray. Her recipe is always very easy and quick. This is something between soup and stew so she calls it stoup. The ingredients are basically stuffed cabbage ingredients so it taste like stuffed cabbage but little bit lazy version of it.

Here is Rachel Ray's "Stuffed Cabbage Stoup" recipe from Food Network Website. 


This is super easy. First, you brown ground meat and saute some vegetables.

Then add cabbage.

Then add tomatoes and tomato sauce and chicken stock and let it simmer.

Serve it with some rice and sprinkle of parsley.

This is so easy and satisfying meal since there are lots of meat in it. This is perfect so someone like me who is not good at stuffing and rolling the cabbage.

My mom used to make stuffed cabbage for us during winter season. I love my mom's stuffed cabbage. Her stuffed cabbage is not tomato base. I don't know what she put in the soup but it is good. Maybe I should ask her how she make it and try to make her stuffed cabbage sometime this winter.

By the way, I cut my hair yesterday and love the new hair! To be honest, I hadn't cut my hair for more than a year!!! Can you believe it? I cut it last time when I was in Japan so it was more than a year.

Ever since I moved to NY about 5 years ago, I had been trying to find a favorite hair stylist but I couldn't really find one. But finally I think I found one! She was really nice and I love my new hair and it was affordable. I will definitely go back to her for my next hair cut! If you need any recommendation for a good hair stylist in NYC, let me know :-)

1 comment:

  1. looks so hearty and comforting, luv rachael ray recipes - they r alwayz quick and easy. nice to know you finally found a hair stylist to ur liking!

    ReplyDelete