Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cheesy broccoli rice casserole

When I tried to make Chicken Tikka Masala the other day, I realized that I was supposed to marinade the chicken overnight so I decided to make Chicken Tikka Masala next day and made Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole on that night with the broccoli I had in the fridge.

I used the "America's test kitchen" magazine for this dish. (I used this same magazine for the cinnamon roll also) I really like this magazine becuase it is very detailed and always come out great. (so far)
The issue I bought was "best recipe 2010". If you are interested in, here is the link.














Saute onion and broccoli stem (I like that the recipe doesn't waste the stem part. )

Microwave broccoli

Add rice and chicken stock and milk and boil till rice is soft.
Add broccoli and transfer to casserole dish
Sprinkle the topping and bake in the oven until golden brown.

It was very cheesy and awesome.

By the way, it was my birthday yesterday. I thanked that I had a great life so far and wished for a healthy happy long life :-) I think birthday is a day to remember to appreciate your body and life and of course people around you and everything you have.

I received a lot of birthday wishes from my family and friends. It really made me happy. I am really a lucky person to have all those people in my life. All the nice birthday wishes made me very emotional. I have a great life because of all the people I have in my life. I appreciate everybody and everything I have. That is including all the people who read my blog and enjoys my blog :-) Thank you!

So I started my day with a Yoga class in the morning to show some respect and appreciation to my body.
My body is working hard everyday and this fact is somehow forgotten most of the time so I wanted to honor my body on this special day and give lots of appreciation :-) (does it make sense??  It is hard to explain)

About a year ago, I read a book called "the secret". I think many people know about this book because it was a bestseller. I watched a video of this recently.

For people who are not familiar about this book, this book tells you about "law of attraction" and whatever you think about will manifest to the universe and the universe will bring them to you. So if you think about whatever you want and actually feel like you already have it, then, you will get it. But if you think about something negative, the universe will think that that is what you want and you will get that also.

I think that this is somewhat true. Sometimes, good things happens one after another and bad things happens one after another and maybe we can manipulate this by thinking positive or negative.

So I am trying to think positive and trying to feel the things I want in life and enjoy my life everyday. I try to find small happiness in my life and enjoy them and appreciate them. One of the happiness in my life is eating good food and writing about it on this blog :-)

For me, it is not easy to think positive all the time because I always worry about many things but I would like to think that I am getting better at thinking positive and manifesting good vibration to the universe.

I hope everybody is enjoying life as much as I do!

It is such a nice day today. Let's think about something which makes us happy and enjoy our day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mausi! Mmm...looks cheesy and delicious! I had made Vegetable Penne with Broccoli sauce two days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great and I know I will give it a try! Love all that cheesy goodness! You are so right about birthdays and I hope you had a great Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete