Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tyler Florence's Ultimate Potato Gratin


I learned this potato gratin long time ago from my friend in California. She told me that she saw this on Food Network once and made it for me. It was super rich and really good so I wrote down the recipe and made this a few times after that.

I always thought she told me that this is a recipe from Jamie Oliver so the other day I checked online for his potato gratin recipe but I couldn't find same recipe from Jamie Oliver.

Then, I found this recipe from Tyler Florence which was exactly same as the one I wrote down. So, it was actually Tyler Florence's recipe.

Whenever I try Tyler Florence's recipes, I love them. I think him and I have a similar taste in food :-)
So it was not surprising to find that this recipe I love was actually from him.

Anyways, this is so yummy but super rich and most likely very high in calories so you can not eat a lot at once. I think it will be good when you have some people over.

If you are interested in his recipe, here is the link to his recipe on Food Network site.

It is a bit time consuming but the flavor is well worth the time in my opinion.

First, saute bacon, cabbage, green onion, garlic, etc.

Cut potatoes and soak in heavy cream.

Layer potato and cabbage mixture oven dish.

After layering, add heavy cream and sprinkle cheese over it.


Bake in the oven.


Look at this! Isn't it tempting? It is really good. It a perfect dish for a cold winter night! I think this is also good as a side dish for some meat dish.





No comments:

Post a Comment