Sunday, June 30, 2013

Refreshing Fruit Salad with Mint


Summer is here! Even though I love summer, sometimes it is very difficult to cook something when it is really really hot and you are sweating just sitting.

So one hot summer day, I made this very refreshing Fruit Salad for snack. My son and myself enjoyed this snack and I regained coolness to tackle in the kitchen with heat.

This Salad is super easy. This time, I used Strawberry, Blueberry, Orange, Banana and Mint. You can use any kind of Fruit but the important part of this Fruit Salad is the MINT!!!

I didn't add any sugar or honey but if your fruit are to tart, you can add some sugar or honey.

This is super healthy snack for you and your kids in summer!

It is a good idea to grow mint at home. They are super easy to grow and you just need a small pot for it. I have Mint, Basil, Thyme and chili peppers on my small balcony and everytime I need one of those, I take it little bit from the balcony.

This saves a lot of money since often times you buy these herbs and won't be able to use them all.

Well, enjoy this salad on a hot hot summer day! This for sure cool you down and refresh you!


1 comment: