Saturday, June 22, 2013

Blueberry Scone


When it is raining outside, I often feel like baking. This was one of those days which rained all day and we couldn't do any outside activity because it was pouring all day long.

So, in order to keep myself and my son busy, I decided to bake something. I had two package of blueberries in my fridge so I made Blueberry Scones which are not too sweet so my son can have some also.

I used the recipe which I found on a website called "All Recipe". If you are interested in this Blueberry Scone recipe, click here to go to All Recipe website.

It is fairly easy to make blueberry scones.

Mix dry ingredients.

And also liquid ingredients.

Mix them both and make some dough. Actually, I made a mistake with the amont of half and half so my dough came out to be too soft and sticky. So I added some more flour to make it manageable.

Then shape it and put in the oven.


Right after it was baked, I tried it. It was good but was not sweet enough for my taste. This is perfect for my son because we try not to give him something too sweet.

As I have guessed, my son looooooved this scone. He took a bite and made a big big smile on his face and said "Mama, this is yummy!!!!". Then he asked "Who is this?" Well, he is supposed to say "What is this?" but he still makes mistakes and ask me "Who is this" when he is talking about some object.

I told him about 10 times that this is called "Scone". After asking me "Who is this?" for 10 times, he finally said "Mama, I LOOOOOOVE SCONE!!!!"

I think those moment makes it worth putting an effort for cooking. I love hearing someone say "This is Yummy." when I cook something.

My mom also loved when my son tells her "This is yummy." She said that she cooks every single day but nobody tells her that they are yummy. So she loved cooking and feeding our son. He makes my mom so happy :-)

He is starting to talk quite a lot. He also started to throw a fit and sometimes it is very difficult to talk to him or calm him down. I get frustrated and get upset sometimes but then he does something funny to makes me laugh and I can not be mad at him.


OK. Back to Scone. My husband also liked this scone. I think this is a great snack for everybody. Though it is getting hotter and I don't think I will be using oven quite often till fall, I think I will keep this recipe in mind so I can make this again when the weather get little cooler like in Oct or so.

By the way, don't you love this plate? I fell in love and bought 4 of them at Ikea. It was $2.99 each!
It looks very elegant and classy. I think this is a perfect plate for dessert!


4 comments:

  1. The scones look scrumptious! Yes, I too love the plate...very chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! I thought about buying bigger version of this plate but we don't have any more space to keep plates!!! I love IKEA :-)

      Delete
  2. wow yummy scones,too gud dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! It was very good :-) Maybe I should try with chocolate chips next time!

      Delete