Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Shrimp Scampi and Homemade Bread


Large Shrimps were sale the other day in an Asian super market so I bought 1lb of those and made one of my favorite shrimp dish "Shrimp Scampi".

I learned this dish from an Indian lady I used to live with in California. She taught me so many great dishes and this is one of them.

This is super easy and quick dish but if you like shrimp like me, it is amazing dish to have.

First, you cook chopped garlic in butter and then add lemon juice, red chili flakes, white wine and cream. Add shrimp and when they are cooked through, sprinkle some parsley or cilantro and that's it!

Normally, I love eating this dish with pasta but I had some homemade bread leftover so I decided to have this dish with bread this time. I prefer pasta but since my husband loves bread, he didn't mind having it with this crusty bread.

For some strange reason, garlic turned blue today when I cooked. I check on the internet and seems like this happens sometimes when the garlic is young and when it mixed with some acidity, it turns blue. Well, I am not sure if it is true but we ate them and it was totally fine. It just looks creepy.


This really takes very short time to cook and perfect to busy night dinner!!


No comments:

Post a Comment