Monday, May 2, 2011

Parents visit from Germany and Japan

It has been a while again since I updated last time. I had been quite busy as you might imagine. Taking care of a baby if lots of work!

Meanwhile, our parents from Germany and Japan came to visit us and meet their grandson!

They helped us a lot by cooking, cleaning and playing with our son. It was nice to be able to take a nap while they took care of him. I loved watching them interact with my son. I can tell they love him so much and they were so patience with him all the time. He is lucky to have grandparents like them.

It is too bad that everybody lives quite far away. I feel bad that they can not see him too often. But now we have technology such as Skype so they get to see him via computer and this is wonderful.

When they stayed here, they cooked everyday for us and also they cooked some things and reserve them in freezer for later. They are just great! So I don't have to cook for a while.

Here are some of the things which they made for us during their stay.

First, there are the dishes German mom made for us.

This is Parsnip salad. I never really used Parsnip before but I really liked this salad. She sauteed Parsnip and put on top of green salad. The dressing was maple dressing which I love. I think Parsnip has a pretty strong taste when it is raw but I really liked it when it was sauteed. I would love to try using Parsnip from now on.


The other dish I loved was salmon with fennel. She cut fennel and mixed with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper and put in the oven. Then, add salmon fillet and caper and parsley and put in the oven again until the salmon is done. This was delicious! It was very light and perfect dish for summer. I will definitely making this in summer.

She also made lots of potato soup and freeze them for us. I love her potato soup!!!

And, here are a few things which Japanese parents made.

First, Soba noodle. This is something my dad made for us. When we have noodle or steak, it is always my dad who cooks. He made this for lunch and it was great.

My mom also made some sweets. she made cream puff which I forgot to take pictures. And this strawberry shortcake. She said she hadn't make any of those for a long time so it did not come out perfect but I thought it was great!

She also made gyoza and spring roll and freeze them for us.

Anyway, it was great to have both parents to help us out. Now, I am on my own but I started to get a hang of it and feeling more confident. (Though, some days are still tough...)

I am enjoying this precious time I have with my son. He will grow up quickly so I will enjoy baby stage as much as I can. Now, he is 2months and half and we started to go placed with him. I love it! The weather is getting nicer and I think he came to this world in perfect timing.

Right now, I don't have much time for myself but this is a special bonding time for my baby and I so I will try to enjoy every second of it! I am really thankful to have him in my arms. He is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment