Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chicken Noodle Soup

In the U.S., when you have a cold, people eat Chicken Noodle Soup. Since I have a cold and I made roasted chicken the night before, I decided to make chicken noodle soup.

Some of you might know already but everytime we have whole roasted chicken, I made chicken stock from the bones of the chicken. If you are interested in how I made my chicken stock, here is the recipe.
It is super easy and freeze well and much better than store bought chicken stock!

So, in my opinion, if you have good chicken stock, you can not mess up chicken soup. You just add whatever vegetable you like, add some chicken (or not) and egg noodles.

Here is what I did,
Chopped ginger and green onion

Saute them in a pot with olive oil.

Chop other vegetables of your liking. I used carrot, zucchini, celery and red bell pepper.

Toss them in the pot.

When the vegetables are tender, add chicken stock. Bring it to boil, add egg noodle. Cook.

Then add cooked chicken, heat it through add salt and pepper for taste and done!


It is super easy and nutritious and kids love it also. It is chicken noodle soup but I sometimes omit chicken.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment