Monday, June 18, 2012

Chicken with Apple, Onion and Cider Sauce AND Quinoa

I made this chicken dish using the book which I got for my birthday from one of my friend.
This is the book I used.





From this book, I made a dish called "Chicken with Apple, Onion and Cider Sauce". I had chicken and red onion and apple at home so this was the perfect dish to make. Here is the recipe on Food Network site. Click here if you would like to check out the recipe. 

This is the end result.

It uses apple cider vinegar and butter for the sauce. This vinegar is not too strong so I think it will be good even for someone who doesn't love vinegar. As for me, I love tangy flavor so this was great.

From another angle.


My husband liked it but he didn't love it. Maybe he doesn't like vinegar too much. Anyway, for me, this was great combination with the sweetness from apple and onion with tanginess from vinegar.

For side dish, I made quinoa. This is something I had never made but I tried at my friend's place and I loved it. Plus, it is quite healthy, I think.

I used this recipe from Food Network. Click here to jump to the recipe. 

It has raisin, garlic, pine nuts, parsley and stuff. It is very tasty. I also fed this to my son. He didn't like it on the first day but he liked it on second day. Sometimes, he is like this and you never know what he likes today and what he doesn't like tomorrow. So I have to try to again and again.

My husband didn't love it but I am going to make this again. I think you can just have this as salad.
When you are tired of same side dish, this might be a new side dish which you might want to give it a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment