Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pineapple Upside down Cake

We had another cooking/Play date the other day. This time we tried pineapple upside down cake. I know about this cake but I never thought about making it. But one of my mom friend wanted to try so we decided to give it a try!

This is how it came out.

Isn't it beautiful? It came out better than I thought. It was not too difficult and also tasted great. I think this will be a great cake when we have some guest.

First, we made caramel and put pineapple and cherry.

Then we added cake batter and bake.

You flip it over and that's how you get upside down.

I think the most difficult part is to flip the cake. I was too scared to flip it so I asked my friend to do it. She did an excellent job.

We used recipe from this website called "Joy of Baking". I have used this website before and she has so many great recipes. For this recipe, she also had a video which helped us a lot.

I am so happy that we tried this cake. If my friend didn't suggest this, I had never tried this cake. This is the great thing about cooking with your friends, you try something new and you learn a lot.

I tend to make something similar all the time so it is great for me to try something different.

By the way, my mom friends gave me early birthday gift at one of the play date since I will be in Japan on my birthday. It was very nice of them to think of my birthday and get me gifts. They are very considerate and kind people. I am very happy that I met them.

More cooking/play date to come!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely and colorful looking upside down cake. Makes me hungry even after having breakfast now.
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deepa!
    Doesn't this looks great? I loved it. I can have this anytime even after breakfast! Maybe for breakfast is better :-)

    ReplyDelete