Friday, February 17, 2012

Guy Fieri's Hong Kong Noodle

I made this dish using one of the cookbooks which I borrowed from the library the other day.
This is called Hong Kong Noodle.

The book I used for this dish was Guy Fieri's cookbook. This one.




He is a very popular chef on FoodNetwork. He won a show called "The Next Foodnetwork star" and start having his own cooking show. He also start hosting this show called "Diners, Drive-in and Dives".

His food always looked good in the show but I never actually used his recipe before so this was my first time trying his recipe. 

In this cook book, there are some dishes which was Asian inspired dish and this one called "Hong Kong Noodle" looked really good to me so I tried this one. 

It came out really good! I loved it. It took a while for me to prepare everything but the result was well worth the effort. 


You can look at this recipe from FoodNetwork's website. Click here for Guy Fieri's Hong Kong Noodle recipe. 

I followed the recipe and I guess it was for 4~6 people so when it was finished, I ended up with huge plate of Hong Kong Noodle. It was a bit too much for just two people so we ate this noodle for next few days but even as a leftover, it still tasted really good!

The chicken is marinated with ginger, garlic and stuff and it is very tasty. Plus, you can eat lots of vegetable this way.


There are some other things which I would like to try from his cookbook but I had to return the book so I cook one more thing from this book and returned the book. The other dish I made was coleslaw salad with fried wonton. This one was also really good. I will post it next time.

2 comments:

  1. This is in some way a Chinese okonomiyaki.
    Although less known but not inferior in the least, there is a variation to this dish where the noodles are fried till crisp and it is served with granular sugar and pork floss or anything you can think of. It's the sweet version ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi OxJCxO, Thank you for your comment! I didn't know there is a sweet version in this dish. I would love to try sometimes if I find it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete