Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rigatoni alla Vodka

I started to have little more time and feel less overwhelmed these days and started to cook again. It is still difficult to update blogs because of the time (my baby does not take long naps) but I would like to continue this blog as much as I can.

Anyhow, I made this pasta with vodka sauce the other day and it came out pretty good so I wanted to post.

Vodka sauce is quite popular here in the U.S. I never had it in Japan but when I first tried it here, I was pleasantly surprised. I have ordered this dish at some restaurants and also I bought a jar of Vodka sauce but I had never made it at home. I saw someone making vodka sauce on TV and it seemed quite simple and easy so I decided to give it a try.


I wanted to make this with Penne but I didn't have Penne at home so I used Mini Rigatoni which I had at home. Here is how I made.

Rigatoni alla Vodka
Rigatoni  Pasta   1lb
Canned Tomato (chopped) 1lb
Yellow Onion       1
Vodka    50ml
Heavy Cream   1/2 Cup
Garlic    2 cloves
Parsley    for garnish
salt and pepper for taste
Olive oil    2 table spoons

1. Chop onion, garlic and parsley.

2. In a frying pan, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Saute until tender.

3. Add Vodka in a pan and continue cooking.

4. Boil pasta following the direction on package.

5. Add tomato in a frying pan.

6. Add heavy cream to the pan. Bring to boil.

7. When pasta is done, add pasta to the sauce and mix till the sauce coat the pasta.

8. Serve with chopped parsley on top.

Its easy, isn't it? I really liked it and surprised how easy it was. You don't taste the alcohol so kids can eat it also.

By the way, our son is already 4months old. Time flies! He can hold his neck on his own and he start to really laugh. His voice is getting bigger and when he cries hard, it is quite loud :-) It is great to see him grow everyday. He is such a wonderful boy. I am really thankful to have him. He is my treasure.

I was watching his photo and videos with my husband the other day from 4 months ago and was surprised how tiny he was. It made me feel very sentimental because my baby is growing up so fast. I really need to enjoy every moment of his baby stage because it goes by so fast. Soon, he is off to college, leaving home :-(  It is great that he is growing up but at the same time, I want him to stay as baby... I know it is selfish of me to think this way but that is how I feel. I think the baby stage is too short. At one year old, he will not be a baby anymore. I think baby stage should be at least for 2 years or so.

Anyhow, I am very happy that he came into our life. I love him more and more every day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!

    I just came across your website and I wanted to know if I can link to it from my food & recipe blog called CookEatDelcious. Do you think that is a possibility? Also, if you think my blog fits well with yours, maybe you could put up a link for my blog as well. When you have a chance please let me know what you think! Take Care,

    Raven

    ReplyDelete