Monday, June 6, 2011

Dinner with a friend

The other day, we invited one of our friend for dinner. We wanted to meet up with her earlier but it had been already over a year since we last met. She is very busy and she is always helping others and very positive person. There are lots of things which I should learn from her. Anyway, even though she is a great cook and we love her food, since we wanted her to relax a little bit so we decided to invite her and make some dinner.

This was also first time for her to meet our son. She brought many gifts for him and also for me!

I made chicken enchilada again! This is the dish which our friends who came to visit us from South Africa made the other day. It is still not as good as his chicken enchilada but it was quite good.


I also made some rice which I learned in a Cuban cooking class a few years ago. (Click here for that post)
This was somehow watery and was not a success but my friend liked both of the dishes :-)

We talked about lots of things. It was really nice to have a nice dinner with her.

She is such a great cook and she cooked many great dishes for us in the past. I love learning new dishes from her so we promised to each other to cook together again sometime soon. Here is the link for the post of Shrimp Biryani which I learned from her and tried. 


For dessert, I made strawberry tart. I made tart crust and then add custard cream and whipped cream and topped with some strawberries. This was easy but really good. I know I will be making this again.
It also look pretty isn't it?


It was so nice to have her over for dinner. We definitely should do this again very soon. Next time, I am looking forward to learn new Pakistani dish :-) Can't wait!

1 comment: