Monday, January 20, 2014

Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe


I love Kimchi Fried Rice. It is so easy to make and it always taste good. The bad part about it is I eat too much when I make this fried rice.

I like having Kimchi in my fridge all the time so when I don't have anything and if I don't want to go to the grocery store, I can take out bacon from the freezer and cook rice and make this fried rice.

This time, I added some left over vegetables which I had in the fridge but this is totally optional and you can add any kind of vegetables you have in hand (or you don't have to add any vegetables if you prefer)


Kimchi Fried Rice
Printable Recipe

Cooked Rice   3~4 cups
Kimchi            10.6oz (300g)
Bacon or thin sliced pork 1/4~1/2 lb
Green Onion   5~6
Ginger             1inch
Garlic              1clove
Daikon Radish  1/2 cup (optional)
Lotus root          1/2 cup (optional)
vegetable oil       1 table spoon
Butter                  1 table spoon
Salt  & Pepper     to taste

1. First, cut bacon (or pork) and all the vegetables into small pieces. Mince garlic and ginger.

2. Also, chop kimchi into small pieces.

I used this kimchi from Trader Joe's



3. In a flying pan or wok, add 1 table spoon of vegetable oil and heat. Then add garlic and ginger. Wait till fragrant then add meat and vegetable. Sprinkle salt and pepper.

4. When the meat is cooked and vegetables are little soft, add chopped green onion.

5. Saute

6. Add Kimchi then butter and fry them a little bit. Then add rice.

7. When it is all mixed, taste and add salt and pepper if necessary then serve.

Super easy and yummy Kimchi Fried rice!

I think depends on what kimchi you use and how much rice you add but this particular one I made was not too spicy (I think it was because I added lots of vegetables and rice) so my son was able to eat it also. He said it is spicy but he kept eating :-)

I love making fried rice so I can clean out my fridge. It is super easy. The only tedious part is to chop all the vegetables into small pieces but after that it is so fast!

If you like Kimchi, you definitely will like Kimchi Fried Rice! Please give it a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment