Sunday, August 30, 2009

fresh backed croissant for breakfast


Yesterday morning, we baked frozen croissant from Trader Joes's. I posted about their frozen chocolate croissant before but this is the regular croissant version.

It did not come out exactly like the picture on the box and it was really buttery and tasty. It was a special treat to have freshly baked croissant for breakfast. On weekdays, we don't have much time to enjoy our breakfast so it is nice to have luxurious breakfast on the weekend. It makes me feel good. It just a simple breakfast with croissant with tea or coffee when the croissant is fresh, it makes a huge difference.

And the best part is that this is so easy. You don't have to spend hours in the morning kneading and layering the dough. You just take them out the night before from the freezer, leave it over night on the baking sheet for them to rise and pop them in the oven in the morning.

I highly recommend this product.

Making bread was not too difficult but I think making croissant is a different story. You have to layer the dough many times and it takes lots of hard work and patient.

Chocolate croissant was great but I also like this regular croissant. I like having it with strawberry jam :-)




2 comments:

  1. I just came back from Japan.My husband was into eating freshly baked Japanese croissants every day. Now I know where to buy them. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emi! Welcome back! Yes, please try frozen croissant from trader joe. It was awesome. I am pretty sure your husband would like this!

    ReplyDelete