Saturday, June 27, 2009

Homemade fluffy bread





I am not a morning person. I don't know what happened to me today but I woke up around 5:30am this morning. And yes, it is Saturday. I could not go back to sleep and thought "Well, this does not happen to me too often. Maybe I should enjoy this fine early morning" So I went for a walk and enjoy the nice fresh air. 

I came back home and thought "Well, what should I have for breakfast?" Then, this idea of baking my own bread for breakfast came to my mind. I have been thinking about baking bread at home for a while. I never baked bread before. So I thought, when can I ever have this opportunity to have time to bake your own bread for breakfast?  I decided that today is the perfect day to bake my own bread. 



I always thought that baking bread is difficult. But to my surprise, it was quite easy. I picked a easy recipe which does not require 2nd rising process. So within 2 hours, my bread was ready and the house smelled with fresh baked bread. 

When I was little, my mom used to make bread on Sat. I always loved how my house smelled when she baked bread. It made me feel so happy and safe. The smell of fresh baked bread at home, remind me of my childhood on Sat with my family. I should call my mom and tell her that I made bread myself. I am sure that she will be very proud. 




No comments:

Post a Comment